Thursday, September 6, 2012

Why you don't need a 3G Nexus 7

There has been recent rumours floating around that the Nexus 7 is about to get a sim card slot to make it a 3G (or 4G) tablet. When I bought the Nexus, I didn't really see the lack of 3G much of an issue. This is because I always have my mobile phone with me and it can easily have mobile tethering turned on.

The other reason is that WIFI is everywhere you go. Cities have free wifi, airports have free wifi, McDonalds in Australia has free wifi, your workplace surely would have wifi and of course at home. Do you really need a 3G slot? I found that most likely, having a 3G slot would mean the unnecessary temptation to get another data plan just for the tablet and then what if I decide I want to use my laptop rather than the tablet? Yeah, first world problems but my point is, there is no real need to have a 3G tablet. Wouldn't the battery will drain faster as well? Not sure. What are your thoughts? Nexus 7 with a 3G option.. is it worth another $100?

1 comment:

  1. yeah absolutely right i use wifi evrywhere since its a quasdcore tablet it gets it well and you can get app for text and call without needing 3g

    ReplyDelete