Thursday, November 15, 2012

Dropped my Nexus 7.. twice!

Without intending to, I have tested the Nexus 7 with the 'drop test' and the saddest part is that I have done it twice! In both instances, it was a carpark with no soft landing than pure unyielding bitumen! Both times, the device was in the Poetic case that I was posting about a few weeks ago and I think if it wasn't for that case, I probably won't be keeping this blog any more!



This is when you can be happy that the Nexus7 doesn't start its active screen so close to the edge. As you can see, there is a pretty clear hairline fracture on the bottom right corner of the device. I didn't see this until I took off the Poetic case. So the question is, how is the device now? Everything seems to be working fine. There doesn't seem to be any effect on the device. However, my habits of bringing this along with me to shops to do research will now be revised. Both times, I was heading into a shopping centre when such damage was sustained.


Have you dropped your Nexus 7? Leave a comment below and perhaps a link to images of the damage sustained.The photos were taken by my Galaxy Nexus 

2 comments:

  1. Knocked mine off the pc table while it was charging. Luckily was onto carpet and the only damage was the micro usb end of the cable is now screwed. I was lucky.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too knocked mine off my desk. My device had a TPU case on it however which protected it from the impact onto the ground. Only thing I noticed was that the back cover was detached at a corner, clicked it back in and it looked like nothing ever happened.

    ReplyDelete